Troy-Bilt 5.5 HP Chipper Shredder Vacuum 24B060F-766

Troy-Bilt 5.5 HP Chipper Shredder Vacuum 24B060F-766 Reviews



More Picture


Originally purchased the 2003 model. It was not self-propelling and did not have the vacuum hose. Decided to have it serviced this spring and low and behold it was stolen from the shop. So now I will be upgrading to the 2010 model that is self propelled. I loved my old vac. Yes, there were problems--the bag is awkward to dump out and I had to wear a dust mask because I am allergic to mold. It was extremely loud and no, it didn't suck up my bushels of acorns.br /br /But considering that I had hand-raked at least 200 yard bags of oak leaves for many years this was an incredible improvement. For me I found that vacuuming frequently made the job much easier. And yes, wet leaves were hard to suck up, but I assume that wouldn't surprise anyone. It seemed hard to get the gas to the engine sometimes with the rubber choke button. Don't know what that gizmo is called. It was sort of scary when it chugged as it started, but once I got it primed the vac always started even when the weather turned cold.br /br /Planning to buy my replacement in the next day or two. Would recommend to anyone who is sick and tired of raking leaves.

Troy-Bilt 5.5 HP Chipper Shredder Vacuum 24B060F-766 Feature

  • A 5.5 HP chipper/shredder/vacuum for ultimate versatility as a clean-up tool
  • On-board vacuum hose
  • 2-bushel bag capacity
  • 1.5-inch chipper capacity
  • Non-CARB Compliant/Not For Sale In California
With a 1.5-inch chipper capacity and a 8:1-reduction ratio, the Troy-Bilt 5.5-horsepower chipper shredder vacuum features an on-board vacuum hose, steel blades, and an adjustable 24-inch poly nozzle. The unit has 3-in-1 capability with a vacuum nozzle, chipper chute, and shredder to give you ultimate versatility as a clean-up tool. With ample power and capability for large jobs, the 8-by-2-inch front and rear semi-pneumatic wheels provide ease in maneuverability and more than adequate durability. Other highlighted features include a felt-lined collection bag, fingertip height adjusters, and a 2-quart fuel tank capacity. The chipper comes with a limited 2-year warranty on materials and workmanship.PbWhat's in the Box/bbr Chipper/shredder/vacuum, and safety goggles.


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews


CSV 060 - Good ; CSV 070 - Better - Mr23 - MN, USA
I've used the manually pushed CSV 060 for a few years now.br /br /If you are no longer as young as you used to be, go for the CSV 070 self-propelled model, this CSV 060 unit will give you a workout. Combined with all the airborne particulates (leaf dust, possibly leaf mold, etc, and engine exhaust), deep breathing exercise around it is less than perfectly healthy. I've taken to wearing a filtration mask, many types of which are available.br /br /My lot gets littered with small sticks and/or some of the leaves are long stemmed - end result is the suction hose gets clogged easily. The hose is pretty hefty and you have to keep moving the unit, so I decided to just remove the hose completely to cut machine weight, and use a hand-held leaf blower (or vac) to clear leaves from areas you can't roll over. Generally I blow lightly covered areas of the lawn, and any of the flower beds/bushes I can't roll over, then use the unit to clean up the rest. This minimizes the time spent pushing the unit, and reduces fuel use.br /br /Other than that I've loved the effectiveness of the unit.br /


Nov 04, 2010 09:16:03

0 comments:

Post a Comment